A Healthy Way To Lose Weight Fast
Many people are searching for a healthy way to lose weight fast by adjusting their diet and increasing their physical activity levels throughout the day. The most basic concept of losing weight really comes down to understanding numbers. Specifically the number of calories eaten compared to the number of calories burned. Of course, we all know this. The difficulty comes when your mind and your will don’t cooperate. It is helpful to have tools and logic to reinforce your desire to lose weight. One of these tools is to know how many calories you are eating!
The food we eat has a certain caloric density, some foods have more calories while other foods have less. Calories are needed to give us energy to do anything and everything from sprinting to sleeping. Extra calories that are not used for energy or wasted, have a good chance at being stored as extra body fat.
To avoid or reduce fat storage, the first step is to reduce the number of calories you’re eating on a daily basis. Another step you can take when trying to avoid excessive weight gain is to exercise. The combination of a proper diet and exercise program is essential in anyone’s mission to lose weight and improve their health.
A Healthy Way To Lose Weight: Diet & Exercise
Diet – A balanced diet means getting the right amount of calories from a variety of food sources. Burning extra calories can take a lot of time and effort. It is easier to make sure you’re achieving a negative energy balance by reducing your caloric intake instead of attempting to burn the extra calories through exercise. Making sure that your caloric intake is right will decrease the time you need for exercise. Choosing the right kinds of food is essential when trying to lose weight fast.
• A healthy way to lose weight fast is to eat more vegetables, rather than refined carbohydrates or fatty meats. Vegetables contain a lot less calorie and a lot more fiber. If you can, eat vegetables every meal. I found this very helpful!
• Proteins are necessary, but if you are watching your weight, then go for the leaner cuts of meat, or choose the white meats such as chicken and fish. Fish especially contain omega-3 which helps to burn your fats.
• Carbohydrates are a great source of energy, but too many high glycemic carbohydrates will cause you to gain that unwanted body fat. When these kinds of carbohydrates are broken down, they become sugar, and if unused by the body, they are stored as fats for future energy consumption.
• Avoid unhealthy fats such as those that come from animals, these fats are referred to as Saturated Fatty Acids. Instead, eat healthy fats such as those that can be found in nuts, avocados, and certain types of fish these are your Omegas, Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids.
Exercise – Exercise increases your energy expenditure helping you to use extra calories as energy. Exercising requires energy; and when you begin exercising the amount of calories you’re body requires to sustain metabolic function drastically increases, thus you burn more calories while being active and at rest.
• Cardiovascular activity is a great way to burn a good amount of calories while improving the health and function of your heart. Technically any activity that increases your heart rate can be considered cardiovascular activity. The most popular forms of cardio are walking, jogging, riding bike, elliptical training and rowing just to name a few. What a lot of people don’t understand is that weight training can also elevate your heart rate, often significantly, and is one of the best forms of cardiovascular activity when done correctly.
• Strength training is the use of resistance through various ranges of motion, meant to increase lean muscle mass, strength and endurance. As mentioned above, resistance training can be one of the best forms of cardiovascular exercise. Not only will you burn calories while you’re performing a strength training exercise, but due to the increase in lean muscle your Basal Metabolic Rate will also increase, causing you to burn more calories throughout the day, even at rest!
There is no question that a clean diet combined with daily exercise is a healthy way to lose weight fast. Though it won’t happen overnight, if you can dedicate yourself to changing your eating habits and commit to exercising 3-5 times a week then you’ll see a significant reduction in body fat in about 8-12 weeks!